Wednesday 7 March 2018

March 7, 2018 - Suggested Reading 1st Service Psalm 73


“But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.”

Here we have a confession of a worshiper of God, of a time in his life when he nearly gave up his faith. It was a treacherous time for him as he allowed his mind to dwell on the lie of satan – that ancient lie that whispers in our ears “You won’t die when you disobey God’s Word.”.
Note that this worshiper was delivered from this temptation by entering the sanctuary of God. There is a benefit to corporate worship, to the drawing together with other Christians for the purpose of hearing God’s Word and praising Him in song. Coming together in corporate worship focuses us on the nature of true life, and true death. The truth of God’s Words, read, explained and sung will force out the whispered lie.
The truth is that the wicked have a final destiny- destruction and death.
The truth is that those who make the Sovereign LORD their refugee have a final destiny –
You will take me into glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment