Thursday 22 March 2018

March 22, 2018 - Suggested Reading 2nd Service Psalm 89


 “I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail.”

Did you see our Saviour in this psalm?
You say this psalm is all about God’s promise to David - see verse 3 and verse 49.
Do you see Him in the promise to David?
Do you see Him in the Words that can be about no other than Christ?
Like verse 26 and 27?
Do you see yourself in this psalm?
You say - how can I for I am no descendant of David.
Look again at verse 30 thru 37 and notice that the sons who disobey are punished with the rod. Only true sons are punished, for false sons are cast away.
Those who have by faith- been joined to Christ Jesus, are now in the ranks of the descendants of David, and are the true sons of David.
This everlasting covenant of love between God the Father and His Son includes all those who call on the Name of the Lord and are saved.
This covenant of love is our only basis of hope, it is the grounds of Nehemiah’s prayer, and it is the grounds of Ethan’s prayer in this psalm, and it should be the grounds of each prayer of ours.
my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ my righteousness

No comments:

Post a Comment