Friday 16 March 2018

March 16, 2018 - Suggested Reading 1st Service Romans 1


“In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.”

Romans 1 is a very sobering passage.
These verses reveal a God who punishes those who refuse to worship the One True God by giving us over to ourselves.
the wrath of God is being revealed
God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity
God gave them over to shameful lust
God gave them over to a depraved mind
 When we are left to ourselves, and to our hearts, sexual immorality abounds.
Its natural to each of us - that is natural in the sense of sin nature - to desire what harms us.
Even though we know that these actions bring death, we continue in them and approve of others who practice them.
Oh God, please be gracious to me, create in me a heart that glorifies your Name, a heart that desires what you desire. Save me from myself. Thank you my Father for your grace in my life- thank you for the Presence of your Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment