Thursday 9 November 2017

Nov 9, 2017- Suggested Reading Psalm 119:121-136



“Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold,”

Money, Money, Money. Do I love God’s commands more than money? Well that depends, I say. Depends on whether or not obeying God’s commands pays off in the long run. There should be no depends in our answer, and yet sadly we lie- oh sorry- not lie - just don’t tell the whole truth, use a little guile, (that’s not lying is it?) to gain financially. The Lord warned us about loving Money, and the Pharisees sneered at Him! This obedience thing is a matter of our heart- Do I love God’s commands more than money? If I do then I can pray the way the psalmist prays in this section. I will pray with the expectation that God will deliver me, that He will redeem me, that His face will shine upon me. But setting aside the commands of God for the sake of Money leads me down wrong paths and pierces me with many griefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment