Wednesday 8 November 2017

Nov 8, 2017- Suggested Reading Psalm 119:73-88


“Though I am like a wineskin in the smoke, I do not forget your decrees.”

I love the bible for it presents true life, it doesn’t gloss things over. We see God’s people with all their warts and issues, and this psalmist has issues! A wineskin is not supposed to hang in smoke- it's not good- the wineskin will be ruined. He wants to be an example of faith and devotion to others around him, and yet he hangs in the balance, will he survive, will those who mock his desire to be guided by God’s Word be proved true. As I read this passage I have a memory of an uncle telling my father that dad’s life became a disaster as soon as he was born again. Determined is the word for this psalmist- he is determined! Determined to wait for God to save him, determined to live by his Creator’s commands and decrees, determined to place his hope in the faithfulness of God. Heavenly Father fill us today with this kind of determination!

No comments:

Post a Comment