Saturday 18 November 2017

Nov 18, 2017- Suggested Reading 1st Service Galatians 5


“So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”

Walk here means live your life. I walk to the fridge, I walk to my car, etc and wherever I go I should go by the Spirit. By the Spirit means in the power of the Spirit, or controlled by the Spirit which will only happen as we SURRENDER every part of our life to Christ. The Spirit will not force us into anything - NO we must choose. Christians are the ONLY people who have true choice- they can choose to live lives that bring death or they can choose to live lives that bring life. The list in 19 thru 21 is sobering when you read that these acts exclude us from inheriting the kingdom. So what will it be for you and me today? Will we surrender that walk to the fridge to the Lord today? Will we surrender that interaction with our spouse? Will we say to our Lord; “Lord help me to honour you in all I do, forgive me, bless me, I commit my body unto you today, bring life into every relationship, bring your LIFE into everything I do.”

Live by the Spirit and be FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment