Tuesday 7 November 2017

Nov 7, 2017- Suggested Reading Psalm 119:57-72


I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.

The Heth and Teth of Psalm 119 is about obedience, about affliction, about the love and goodness of the LORD. We wonder why it takes God soooo loooong to accomplish His wonderful promises- could the reason be that it takes soooooooo loooooooong for us to obey His commands? The wicked bind us, the arrogant smear us, thousands of pieces of silver and gold beckon - but we know that we NEED to obey His Word. I want to see God’s love, grace and goodness in my life and my loved one’s lives today! That is not going to happen unless I know what the Word says, and unless I obey. The psalmist connects affliction in his life to his renewed desire to obey, his renewed desire to be in the centre of God’s will for him. Let us be a friend to those around us who fear God and who seek to follow His precepts, especially those who are in affliction.

No comments:

Post a Comment