Thursday 30 November 2017

Nov 30, 2017- Suggested Reading 2nd Service Luke 21


“Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man”
Luke 21:36 (NIV)

Pray that you will be able to stand before the Son of Man.
I want to be able to stand before the Son of Man when He comes in power and in great glory. I know that I do not have the ability to imagine what this experience is going to be like or what emotions I will experience. I have always understood John’s reaction to the appearance of the glorified Lord, recorded in Revelation 1 as emblematic of all humans, and therefore I understand the word “stand” in this verse to represent the outcome of facing my Judge. We memorize the Lord’s prayer knowing that the Lord KNOWS the best prayers for us. We study the Lord’s prayer and learn what we need for the Christian life from His sample prayers. We learn from this “Lord’s prayer” that we require supernatural help from God, to be able to survive facing our Lord as Judge. The biblical word for this supernatural help is GRACE, the grace that changes our hearts, that brings us to our knees, the grace that impresses upon our hearts our need to be in prayer.
Pray that you will be able to stand before the Son of Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment