Tuesday 7 November 2017

Nov 7, 2017- Suggested Reading Psalm 119:41-56


My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

I can’t imagine the suffering that the people who are connected to the people wounded and killed in this little church are going through but God knows and He put these Words into the Psalmist’s mouth. Comfort comes from the promises in God’s Word. When you can’t explain the why- when you can’t even put 2 thoughts together because of the overwhelming grief – when you are in a place that is worse than your worst nightmare – can you go to the God of the bible and ask - even ‘demand’ - that His unfailing love come to you? Can you remind Him of His promises? Can I say to God “Help me, because I have put my hope in your laws”? If we think of His laws as a bunch of don’ts, we don’t know His laws, for His laws are full of wonderful promises. His promises preserve our lives, His promises bring us comfort in times of suffering.

May the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, comfort those impacted by this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment