Friday 10 November 2017

Nov 10, 2017- Suggested Reading Psalm 119:153-168


“See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, LORD, in accordance with your love.”
Psalm 119:159 (NIV)

This verse contains the great theme of this long psalm. It is correct to think of Psalm 119 as the psalm about the Bible, and yet if we separate the bible from the theme of “preserving my life” we will have missed the major point of this psalm.

25 I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things preserve my life according to your word.
40 How I long for your precepts! In your righteousness preserve my life.
50 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.
88 In your unfailing love preserve my life, that I may obey the statutes of your mouth.
93 I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life.
107 I have suffered much; preserve my life, Lord, according to your word.
149 Hear my voice in accordance with your love; preserve my life, Lord, according to your
154 Defend my cause and redeem me; preserve my life according to your promise.
156 Your compassion, Lord, is great; preserve my life according to your laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment