Wednesday 25 April 2012

Psalm 71


But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.” 
{Psalm 71:14} (NIV1984)

Am I praising God more and more? Do I praise God more this week than last week? 
You say to me - 'John, you have no idea what a bad week this is'. The psalmist who wrote Psalm 71 knew what a bad week was. It seems that he was in the bad part of his life. His prayer is that God would not forsake him in his old age, when his strength is gone. His prayer is that people who wish to harm him would be stopped by God. 
But his praise is not based on his situation; it is based on the hope that he has in the LORD. His hope is based on the LORD’s righteousness, His salvation, His mighty acts, and His faithfulness. 
The psalmist actually says “Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again;” O friend. Do you have hope in the LORD your Saviour? Then may we say with the psalmist today; “I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.” Praise the LORD!

2 comments: