Monday 22 April 2013

Psalm 119:97-104


"Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long."
{Psalm 119:97} (NIV) 

Imagine being wiser than your enemies, or opponents. Imagine being at a higher level of insight than your teachers. Imagine having more understanding than the wisest of all Canadians. Wisdom comes from having the Law. Insight comes from constantly thinking on the Law. Understanding comes from obeying the Law. 

When we keep the Law in front of us, thinking constantly upon it, and we cause ourselves to obey it, then what we are doing is ‘allowing’ God to be our Teacher! What would we give to be able to sit and learn from God Himself? People are willing to pay millions of dollars to go in a space craft and get God’s view of the earth. We can buy a Bible for $10, and if we read it, think about it and obey it, we will be taught by God Himself. His Words will be sweet to us, because of the benefit we see in our lives. 

The issue seems to be that we want to seat in God’s seat (pride) instead of sitting at His feet (humility). Friend, may we sit at His feet and read His Word this day, and continue our journey to true wisdom, insight and understanding!

Psalm 119:97-104

New International Version (NIV)

מ Mem

97 
Oh, how I love your law!
    I meditate on it all day long.
98 
Your commands are always with me
    and make me wiser than my enemies.
99 
I have more insight than all my teachers,
    for I meditate on your statutes.
100 
I have more understanding than the elders,
    for I obey your precepts.
101 
I have kept my feet from every evil path
    so that I might obey your word.
102 
I have not departed from your laws,
    for you yourself have taught me.
103 
How sweet are your words to my taste,
    sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 
I gain understanding from your precepts;
    therefore I hate every wrong path.


No comments:

Post a Comment