Saturday 27 April 2013

Psalm 119:137-144


"Your statutes are always righteous; give me understanding that I may live."
{Psalm 119:144} (NIV) 

It is wonderful truth that God never changes! He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He was good yesterday, He is good today, and He will be good forever. He was righteous in how He dealt with Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah, Abram, Moses, David and all of the people who have lived on the face of the earth. He is righteous today in how He deals with each of the billions of people living on this earth, and He will be righteous in how He deals with people forever. 

The psalmist is meditating on the wonderful conclusion of this truth; that because God is always righteous, then His commands are always righteous. They were not for a time, for another people. No, they are forever right for all of us. The letters were written for people who walked on this earth some 3,000 plus years ago. The principles and spirit behind these letters are for us as well as them. They are there to help us live, and to bring us life, and therefore we can trust them. Obeying these commands won’t bring you trouble and distress, but rather joy and life. These commands have been tested by people like us over thousands of years. God is true, and every person is a liar!

Oh heavenly Father, open our minds that we may see the wonders of your Laws.

Psalm 119:137-144

New International Version (NIV)

צ Tsadhe

137 
You are righteous, Lord,
    and your laws are right.
138 
The statutes you have laid down are righteous;
    they are fully trustworthy.
139 
My zeal wears me out,
    for my enemies ignore your words.
140 
Your promises have been thoroughly tested,
    and your servant loves them.
141 
Though I am lowly and despised,
    I do not forget your precepts.
142 
Your righteousness is everlasting
    and your law is true.
143 
Trouble and distress have come upon me,
    but your commands give me delight.
144 
Your statutes are always righteous;
    give me understanding that I may live.

No comments:

Post a Comment