Thursday 11 April 2013

Psalm 119:25-32



"I have chosen the way of faithfulness;  I have set my heart on your laws." 
{Psalm 119:30} (NIV)


What will I choose this day? Will I choose the way of faithfulness, or will I choose my own way? Before we glibly answer this question, we must examine the thoughts in the five verses preceding. The psalmist is down in the dumps; he has realized the deceitfulness of his own heart, and has just spent time with God outlining his failures: his unfaithfulness. He is overcome with sorrow because of the state of unfaithfulness in his life. This sorrow has led him to pray prayers for preservation of his life, for instruction and insight in the Word, for strength and for grace. 

“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Our Lord tells us that prayers like this from a sinner who is sorrowful for their state of sinfulness will be answered with grace from the heavenly throne! 

Confession is now over and repentance begins! We CHOOSE the way of faithfulness to God’s Laws. We hold fast; we OBEY and we trust God to honour His Word. Then we RUN into His Word. What a progression. It starts with a decision; continues with enough faith to believe that obeying God will be honoured by God, and then morphs into a victorious life of obedience. 

May we CHOOSE faithfulness this day! 


Psalm 119:25-32

ד Daleth

25 I am laid low in the dust;
    preserve my life according to your word.
26 I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
    teach me your decrees.
27 Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
    that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
    strengthen me according to your word.
29 Keep me from deceitful ways;
    be gracious to me and teach me your law.
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
    I have set my heart on your laws.
31 I hold fast to your statutes, Lord;
    do not let me be put to shame.
32 I run in the path of your commands,
    for you have broadened my understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment