Tuesday 23 April 2013

Psalm 119:105-112


"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."
{Psalm 119:105} (NIV) 

We need to note that this is a statement of fact; not a prayer nor a desire of a righteous person. It is a truth of a righteous person. It is a truth about our Lord Jesus Christ! God’s Word guided His every step, and provided illumination not only on His feet but also ahead on the path of life as He decided where to go and what to do. 

The psalmist teaches us in this section, that this blessed state of being started with a promise made and is sustained constantly by a prayer of trust and a hope that depends solely on the promises of God. It is a matter of simple, honest gratitude for a LORD who would love us enough to tell us how to live, that leads us to desire to know His Law.  It is a matter of wisdom to understand that the troubles I am in are all temptations to cause me to lose my faith in my LORD and His Word, and my response is to come closer to His Law. Actually, a righteous person understands that these Laws are a gift, a heritage from my God to me, and are therefore the source of great inner joy which causes me to resolve even more firmly to keep them to the end of my life! 

Oh Friend, may this verse be a statement of fact about us this day!

Psalm 119:105-112

New International Version (NIV)

נ Nun

105 
Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path.
106 
I have taken an oath and confirmed it,
    that I will follow your righteous laws.
107 
I have suffered much;
    preserve my life, Lord, according to your word.
108 
Accept, Lord, the willing praise of my mouth,
    and teach me your laws.
109 
Though I constantly take my life in my hands,
    I will not forget your law.
110 
The wicked have set a snare for me,
    but I have not strayed from your precepts.
111 
Your statutes are my heritage forever;
    they are the joy of my heart.
112 
My heart is set on keeping your decrees
    to the very end.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment