Tuesday 16 April 2013

Psalm 119:57-64


"I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes."
{Psalm 119:59} (NIV) 

We will not find a better definition of remembering the LORD (Eccles 12:1) than in these eight verses. The verses that precede these, tell us that the righteous person remembers His Laws and His Name. Now in these verses we discover the details. Here we find out that I have made a promise to obey. My heart has truly sought God’s face. My mind has considered how I live and I have implemented changes in my life. These changes are being made with speed. I am not dragging my feet, muttering as I go! Wicked people will not stop me from obeying You. No excuses, God. Nobody will make me do anything against You. At midnight, when sin abounds because people believe they are hidden from you, I will rise up and give you thanks for giving me Your Laws to live by.When I meet someone else who obeys You, I will befriend them! Then Your love will abound to me, for your whole earth is filled with love for those who follow your decrees! 

Surely His goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever!

O friend, may we truly remember His Laws and His Name.

Psalm 119:57-64

New International Version (NIV)

ח Heth

57 
You are my portion, Lord;
    I have promised to obey your words.
58 
I have sought your face with all my heart;
    be gracious to me according to your promise.
59 
I have considered my ways
    and have turned my steps to your statutes.
60 
I will hasten and not delay
    to obey your commands.
61 
Though the wicked bind me with ropes,
    I will not forget your law.
62 
At midnight I rise to give you thanks
    for your righteous laws.
63 
I am a friend to all who fear you,
    to all who follow your precepts.
64 
The earth is filled with your love, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment