Wednesday 4 July 2012

John 21:15-25


   "Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you truly love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
{John 21:16} (NIV1984)

"Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." How do we answer our Lord this morning? Can we answer our Lord as Peter answered Him? Will we say “Yes” to Him? 

The 3 answers Peter gave to the enemies of Jesus were all negative, and all lies. He denied that he even knew Jesus, very emphatically the third time. But now, face to face with the risen Lord, he answers with a positive, 'yes' and the third time with a very emphatic, positive, 'yes'. 'Yes' means 'yes', whereas the 'no' had been a lie. 'Yes' means 'yes', Peter would never deny his Lord again, and would go to his execution confessing Jesus as Lord. 

Friend, what is our answer to our Lord this day? Will it be truthful? If I say to the Lord today, “Yes, Lord I love you,” am I speaking the truth? Jesus told Peter to care for His sheep (Christians). The apostle John who witnessed this scene and wrote it down for us, tells us that if we say we love God but hate our brother, we are liars. (1 John 4:20)
Oh friend, may our 'yes' mean 'yes'; may we truly love our Lord and may His love flow from us to our brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment