Monday 16 July 2012

Ephesians 2:1-10

"For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
{Ephesians 2:10} (NIV1984)

This passage always relaxes me. Whose work am I? God’s work! Who created me in Christ Jesus? God did! Who knew before the creation of the world that I would be doing what I am doing right now? God did! 

No matter what I face, no matter where I go, no matter what people do to me, God prepared it in advance for me to shine like a light and bring Him glory. The game of life is stacked, in the favour of those in whom God has placed His love in their hearts. To say God goes with us through the journey of life is reassuring. To understand that God has prepared the journey of life in such a way that good works are sitting there waiting for me to do, is exhilarating! 

Friend, what are you facing today? There are good works sitting beside your path today. Pray for eyes to see them, faith to pick them up, and strength to bring honour and glory to your King.

No comments:

Post a Comment