Tuesday 3 July 2012

John 11:17-37


“Yes, Lord,” she told him, “I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.” 
{John 11:27}  (NIV1984)
 
'Yes' says, this is me. Martha is telling Jesus that she is a believer. 'Yes Lord, I believe'… 'Yes Lord, You are the Christ'… 'Yes Lord, You are the Son of God'… 'Yes Lord, You are the one who was promised'. 'Yes Lord, I am a believer in You'. 

Can we say these things this morning in integrity of heart, while we think through what we are going to do today; as we regurgitate what we did yesterday? Can we say with Martha; “Yes Lord I believe... ”? 

We can’t fake faith, we have faith or we don’t. But we can starve faith. Faith comes from hearing the message (Rom. 10:17). Do we go to Christ in the Word, as Martha went to Him? Do we listen to Him and agree with Him as Martha did? “I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief!” cried the fearful father Mark 9:24. Our Gracious Lord helped that father, and He will give us the faith we need as we seek Him today. “Yes, Lord I believe…”

No comments:

Post a Comment