Tuesday 24 July 2012

Genesis 14:18-15:21


"After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: 
“Do not be afraid, Abram.
 I am your shield, your very great reward.”
{Genesis 15:1} (NIV1984)

YHWH is our reward! What do I want from YHWH’s hand? Do I want riches, children and lands? If I had the riches of Bill Gates and didn’t have YHWH in my life, would I be content? If I had seventy children, each of them physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially perfect and didn’t have YHWH in my life, would I be fulfilled? If I owned vast lands of forest, mountain, lake and stream, with fertile fields and herds galore and didn’t have YHWH in my life, would I be secure? Oh friend, think on this today. I don’t want to even get in my car and drive down the road unless YHWH is with me. I don’t want to be a dad to my children, unless YHWH is with me, helping me, filling me with His love and wisdom. I don’t want to own a single piece of land, if YHWH wasn’t going to walk it with me. May we know, with absolute certainty that YHWH Himself is our reward! May we be like Moses who cried out to God, “Unless your Presence goes with us, don’t send us anywhere.” (Ex. 33:15) May we be like Abraham, whom YHWH called ‘His friend” (Isa. 41;8; Ja. 2:23). May we know that the LORD is our very great reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment