Thursday 21 June 2012

Romans 4


"Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them."
{Romans 4:8} (NIV1984)  

King David loved God’s law, and he also broke God’s law. In Psalm 32 he expresses the state of blessedness that a person is in when God forgives their sin, and does not count their sin against them. God is a God who forgives. God described Himself to Moses as, “the compassionate, gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin…” (Exodus 34:6)   

When God forgives, He removes our guilt from us, as far as the east is from the west, which means we will never see our guilt again. It is God who declares us FORGIVEN! It is God who decides that He will not count our sin against us. As I think about the amount of sin that I myself have committed, I realize the tremendous amount of that sin, and I realize that I don’t know the half of it for there is much sin that I commit that I am not even aware of! Yet God has forgiven me. I am blessed because God doesn't count my sin against me. How do I know? Because God declares people righteous on the basis of belief. I believe that Jesus is God’s only Son, I believe that He died in my place for my sins. I believe that God raised Him from the dead. I believe, therefore I am clean. Friend, may we be encouraged today as we meditate on the blessed state we have in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment