Tuesday 5 June 2012

Exodus 3:1-10


"There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire, it did not burn up."
{Exodus 3:2}  (NIV1984)

God had heard Abram’s descendants groan; He had remembered His promise to Abram, so He appeared to Moses to begin the process of leading His people to their land. His appearance was once again fire, in a similar fashion as he appeared to Abram. He appeared then as a smoking fire pot with a blazing torch; God provided the fire and the torch. He appeared here as fire within a bush that didn’t burn up, which means that once again God provided the fire and the fuel. Moses was told that the ground around the bush was holy ground, because God’s manifest presence was there. The fire that does not consume, the fire that burns from a heavenly source. 

O friend, do you have any need of this fire that burns, but does not consume? Do you have any need for the “refiner’s fire” (Mal. 3:2)? Do you have any need for the manifest presence of God in your life? I know I need His presence; I need His fire in my life.  

Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me, 
melt me, mold me, fill me, use me. 
Spirit of the Living God, fall fresh on me.
{Daniel Iverson (1926)}

No comments:

Post a Comment