Tuesday 19 June 2012

Psalm 119:161-168


"Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble."
{Psalm 119:165} (NIV1984) 

What a blessing peace is! To be at peace with your loved ones is bliss. To be at peace with yourself is healthy. To be at peace with your Holy Creator brings you into alignment with the Sustainer of all life. 

How true is our Lord’s statement to His disciples: "My peace I leave with you, my peace I give you" (Jn. 11:27). This peace He gives is a great peace! A peace that comes to us through faith in His person and His work of atonement for us. The psalmist tells us that great peace comes to those who love God’s law. Love is an action, which means that the psalmist is describing more than a good attitude or a desire for the law of God. To love God’s law means that a person reads God’s laws, considers those laws and brings their life in line with His laws. This love of God’s law brings great peace. My behaviour towards others is not offensive. My conscience is clean, and most important of all, my God is pleased with me and His face shines upon me (Num. 6:25)

Our Lord loved God’s law while He walked on this earth, and each of us who live our lives by faith in the Son of God who loved us and gave himself for us (Gal. 2:20) - cannot help but to love God’s law. He bought us peace; may we continue to live our lives in great peace. May each us love God’s law today.


No comments:

Post a Comment