Wednesday 20 June 2012

Psalm 119:73-80


"Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands."
{Psalm 119:73}  (NIV1984)

Here we have the plainest statement of why a human should love the law of YHWH. The LORD made us. Not only did He create the heavens and the earth, the stars and the planets, the land and the sea, the fish, birds and animals – BUT - the LORD made me! He set His mind toward me. He found my mother and formed me inside her. He chose my features and my form. He set me in my century, in my country, in my land. These facts should cause me to love His law! He wrote these commands that I might live and prosper. He wrote them for me, for my good. 

Oh friend, do we believe this! Away from me, the lies of Satan who tells me God wants to limit me, and keep me from being all that I can be! No my friend, His purpose, His Words are to bless me, to prosper me and to bring me life.

"May my heart be blameless toward your decrees,
    that I may not be put to shame." {Psalm 119:80}

No comments:

Post a Comment