Saturday 16 December 2017

Dec 16, 2017- Suggested Reading 1st Service 2 Timothy 4


 “In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:”

It is no light thing to be given a charge by an apostle in front of God and Christ Jesus to “preach the word”. This charge is a charge to a young pastor by the apostle Paul and therefore is understood to be a charge to all pastors over all the generations. It appears on my ordination certificate from the Fellowship that hangs over my desk, and it is a sobering thing to accept the charge, and then read the rest of the chapter that describes the ministry of the apostle Paul and what he endured as a result of his desire to please His Lord, for he had his eye fixed on his Lord. 
 Discharge the duties of your ministry for I have fought the good fight and finished the race.
 I have not finished the race yet – yet I am convinced that if I keep my eye on the only Judge of my life, that I will stay on the correct course.
Pastors and teachers are only some of the gifts that the Lord has given His church, and they are the smallest in number in the church. What about you friend- what gift did the Lord Jesus give you for the benefit of the people at Parkdale? Will you accept the spirit of this charge from the apostle? Will you pour yourself out as a drink offering on Christ’s church called Parkdale. Looking not for a reward from the people, but for the reward from the Lord on the Day He appears and judges His church.

No comments:

Post a Comment