Thursday 14 December 2017

Dec 14, 2017- Suggested Reading 2nd Service John 2


“But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.”
John 2:24 (NIV)

All people includes His mother. Most of us would entrust ourselves to our mom,
but not our Lord – and so He asks her “WHY” when she asks Him to provide wine at a wedding.
He knows all people- He knows what is in each person.
What is in each person?
A deceitful heart.
Belief itself can be deceitful. They believed in His name but He still knew what was in them- and it gave Him pause. I don’t know what is in a person, I don’t have any special ability to see inner motivations, or the deep part of any person that I know including my spouse. BUT I do try to emulate my Lord in having the wisdom not to entrust myself to any human. 
Humans have a lot of influence on us- moms are at the top of the list alongside dads, but friends, colleagues, coworkers, mentors, pastors, teachers, professors, teammates, spouses and children are all influential in our lives. This is good, and it is the way God designed humans. But don’t entrust yourself to them- entrust yourself to God and God alone.
God is the only One who is pure all the way through.


No comments:

Post a Comment