Wednesday 13 December 2017

Dec 13, 2017- Suggested Reading 1st Service Jeremiah 17


“The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?”

This verse above all other verses describes in the clearest terms our wretched human condition! Those who think that it only describes the unsaved heart, should pay attention to the fact that Jeremiah 17 is written to God’s people. Verse 10 tells us that the LORD searches our hearts and pays us back according to what we do- which is why Paul says in 1 Corinthians 4:4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 

Why do I do the things I do for God?
My heart tells me it is all for Him- but when resentment and anger creep into my ministry, 
I should realize that my heart has deceived me.
My heart tells me it is all for Him- but when fear and anxiety grip me, 
I should realize my heart has deceived me.
My heart tells me it is all for Him- but when disillusionment strikes me,
I should realize my heart has deceived me. 
My heart is my greatest enemy- for self-deception kills me.
Praise God, the One who examines my heart.
Praise God, the One who changes my heart.
Praise God, the One who purifies my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment