Tuesday 6 February 2018

Feb 5, 2018 - Suggested Reading 2nd Service Exodus 24


“When Moses went and told the people all the LORD’s words and laws, they responded with one voice, “Everything the LORD has said we will do.”"

I never get tired of reading Exodus 24!
It is arranged like a meeting with a lawyer- it is a mediation.
The people assemble, Moses goes up and finds out what God wants, he comes back and tells the people what God said- they in one voice agree to the conditions, Moses then writes the words down, reads the words to the people and once again they agree to obey. Moses then carries out a sacrifice (representing Christ Jesus) and sprinkles the blood of the covenant on the people (Oh how we need the blood of Christ to live for God) then Moses and the leaders(representing the people) go up and consummate the deal by eating a meal with the Living God WOW!
 It so fascinates me, that I yearn to have been there and I must meditate on Hebrews 12 to get myself back to the truth that the mountain God has called me(us) to is so much better than the mountain that these people were called to. Surely what God expected from these people, He expects more from me, in whom He has put His Spirit to change my heart from within- surely I should be able to obey EVERYTHING God has commanded me. May we tell Him in one voice that we will obey Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment