Tuesday 27 February 2018

Feb 27, 2018 - Suggested Reading 2nd Service Deuteronomy 8


“When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.”

The test of the wilderness is tough!
The lessons to be learned in the wilderness are humility and obedience.
The test of plenty is tougher!
The lessons to be learned in plenty - in good times - are humility and obedience.
You may disagree about which is tougher, and I wouldn’t argue the point, for I also prefer plenty and good times, over the wilderness, but I would point out to you that the testing is of our heart and it seems that the soil with weeds that choke out the
Word is describing a heart living in good times and plenty. (Mk 4)
The LORD is so good at giving us practical help in every area of testing, and the practical advice from our Creator to help us with the test of plenty, is to praise the LORD your God for the good He has given you - I wonder if this is why I was taught by my parents to always give thanks at a meal? But does that really accomplish the instruction? The instruction is PRAISE – surely that is more than some words spoken at meal- surely that is more than a song sung at a meal, though that would be closer to fulfilling this instruction.
This is a melody in my heart, a song on my lips, at the table, in the car, at work, with friends.
This is daily worship, acknowledging the LORD as my God, and ascribing glory to Him for all the plenty and goodness I experience from his hand.
Lets pass this test. Let us protect our hearts today. Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment