Wednesday 21 February 2018

Feb 21, 2018 - Suggested Reading 2nd Service Luke 2


“But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.”

My childhood memories of Christmas include listening to my father read Luke 2 to us before any of us were allowed to open the presents. Felt like torture then - but a good result is how well Luke 2 is impressed into my memory. As I thought about suggested readings for this Sunday’s message on Nehemiah 8’s description of the “Great Joy” the people experienced, I thought immediately of the angel speaking to the shepherds - good news that will cause great joy – and I wonder would anyone describe my joy as GREAT? Do people know whether or not other people are full of joy? I think they do - and for sure a person who has Great Joy is noticeable. So the question for us - for those who have believed the good news, who have been born again thru faith in the Messiah, our Lord Jesus Christ- the question for us who aren’t experiencing Great Joy - is why not? For it is a part of the Gospel- that Great Joy will accompany the presence of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment