Monday 12 February 2018

Feb 12, 2018 - Suggested Reading 2nd Service Psalm 28


“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”

You can see the progression of thought and of faith in this prayer psalm. David is in a bad place, a place of danger, a place where he knows- “If God doesn’t help me, I am dead.” His thoughts turn to the fate of the wicked, and he asks God to spare him their fate, and as he considers their malice, their deeds, and their attitude towards God - it as if David received an answer from God for he exclaims that the LORD heard him, and then the statement of faith, the filling of his heart with joy, and his mouth with praise. 

May we prevail in prayer with our God as David has in this psalm.

May we hear God answer our prayer thru faith- oh to know as we pray that God has answered!
 
May our hearts be filled with the joy of the LORD - in spite of the lack of change in our situation!

May our mouths fill with song- not worried about what other people hear!

May we then be as bold as David to ask our God of grace - to help those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment