Wednesday 28 February 2018

Feb 28, 2018 - Suggested Reading 2nd Service Psalm 146


“I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.”
Psalm 146:2 (NIV) 

Will I really- or am I just saying that?
All my life is all the time I have - could be long could be short - but will I sing praise to my God all my life?
The psalmist must share this concern for he addresses himself in this psalm, and wrote this song to encourage his own soul.
Praise the LORD, my soul.” All who join in this song of praise, address themselves and give themselves a reason for always praising, and for never ceasing in praise to our God.
That reason is His faithfulness.
Check out the graveyards - powerful people are good to have on your side but they end up in the ground - He doesn’t die like humans so He is able forever. (vs3-5)
Check out nature - Look around at how the world works – scientists imagine this sustainability accidentally formed - but He made everything and it is His faithfulness that sustains everything. (vs6)
Check out people - Look at how he deals with them - He acts on behalf of those who can’t help themselves - God Himself helps them. (vs7-10)
He is faithful forever, He reigns forever – so listen up soul;
 Praise Him forever - starting with my life right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment