Saturday 17 March 2012

1 John 2:1-17

 
"But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him." 
{1 John 2:5} (NIV 1984)

It is a new command and an old command. New - because we received it from the True Light who has just come into the world. Old - because God has told us this from the beginning of mankind. It is the same command. Love one another. Children, young people, and old people. All of us have this command from God. Love one another. Are we in Christ? Are we living in the light? How can a person possibly know if they are in Christ? 
You say, 'Well I prayed the salvation prayer. I put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and asked Him to be Lord of my life!' Praise God! You have obeyed Him and given your life to God, no examine your actions this day. Did I act in love to those around me? Did I obey the Creator of my soul and love the people He created who are beside me today? If I am in Christ and Christ is in me, I will live a life of love. 

O Father, may Your love be complete in me this day. May I live a life of love today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment