Wednesday 13 November 2013

James 3:13-18

"But wisdom is proved right by all her children." 
Luke 7:35 (NIV) 

How many choices have you faced already this day? How many decisions have you made? How many were wise and how many were foolish? Our Lord tells us that wisdom will become obvious over time. James gives us the components of the test for heavenly wisdom: 

Was the choice pure? 
Did the choice come from a desire for true peace? 
Did I consider the other person's needs as I chose? 
Am I being submissive to my Lord in this choice? 
Did mercy play the dominant part in my choice? 
Were any of the fruits of the Spirit evident in my decision? 
Would I have treated another person differently? 
Did my words or actions line up with my heart? 

All of our choices and decisions fall into two categories: foolish or wise. There are no neutral categories. All of our choices and decisions bear fruit and only those made in heavenly wisdom will bear the fruit of righteousness. 

Dear Heavenly Father, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Glorious Father, please give us the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that we may know You better. May we live in step with Your Spirit this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment