Monday 4 November 2013

Ephesians 6

http://healmyptsd.com/tag/joy

"Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt." 
Proverbs 27:11 (NIV) 

When enemies mock and scorn us and treat us with contempt, nothing brings comfort to us like an adult child who is living wisely. Whether we we respond audibly to those foes, inside we think: "Well I can't be a complete failure - look at my daughter or look at my son. Look how they have turned out; they are good people who are doing well." A wise son or daughter brings joy to a parent, and brings an answer to contemptuous enemies - they bring glory. 

Our Heavenly Father has enemies, contemptuous enemies who scorn and mock His grace. They are all around us, laughing and mocking God and His Son our Lord Jesus Christ. Do we, by our actions, bring joy to the heart of God? Could God answer His enemies by pointing at us and saying, "Look at what my grace has done in the life of this child. Look at how they live their lives in wisdom and righteousness. Look how they build their lives on the words of my Son. They used to reflect Satan and now they reflect my Son." 

One of the many blessings that our Heavenly Father has given to us is JOY. May we as His loving children, give Him back the gift of JOY by living as wise children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment