Friday 27 October 2017

Oct 27, 2017- 2nd Service Suggested Reading Luke 12



"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"

Luke 12:34 (NIV)

I don’t want to be a hypocrite(vs1) and I do want to be ready to appear before my Judge(vs 58), so I pay particular attention to the Lord’s warnings about greed in the middle of this chapter. He begins these warnings by saying “Life does not consist in an abundance of possessions”, tells us a story about a rich fool, tells us not to worry and to provide a heavenly purse for ourselves by selling our possessions and giving the proceeds to the poor. These all are very hard things for any of us to do, but His statement linking our treasure to our heart is the key. Our heart follows our treasure (money/possessions/work/properties). If I don’t want to be a hypocrite, if I want to be ready to meet my Judge, then I will be careful to purposefully spend/buy treasure in heaven. I will on purpose give God my first fruits, I will on purpose give when it hurts, as I do this, as I invest in God’s Kingdom thru His local church and other ministries, my mind will become preoccupied with God’s kingdom instead of my kingdom. Our mind only thinks about what heart directs it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment