Thursday 26 October 2017

Oct 26, 2017- 1st Service Suggested Reading 1 Thessalonians 1


For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction.

There is no physical mark to identify someone as the chosen of God. We are marked but not with ink, not with a hot iron, nor with a knife. We are marked by our response to the Gospel. To most people the Gospel is only words, yadda yadda yadda – many people can repeat the Gospel message over and over again, but they are not chosen. No the chosen of God respond to the Gospel message by experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit moving thru the Words. This appears first as deep conviction, the knowledge that I must act, and I must act now. Then as I surrender my life to Jesus my Lord, the power appears -becomes evident -thru the changes that occur in my life. Friend is the power of God evident in your life? Are you being changed little by little as you surrender? What a wonderful thing to be loved by God so deeply, that He would cause His Spirit to move in power in our hearts. Oh Holy Spirit fall afresh on me, on my family, on our church, on our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment