Wednesday 25 October 2017

Oct 24, 2017- 1st Service Suggested Reading Psalm 62


One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: “Power belongs to you, God, and with you, Lord, is unfailing love”; and,“You reward everyone according to what they have done.”

It is relaxing to know from scripture that it is OK even GOOD to talk to yourself! David talks to himself- he tells his soul to find rest in God, he tells himself that God is his fortress, his rock, his salvation. He reminds himself that his salvation and HONOUR depend on God. What a wonderful truth to remind ourselves of- that I can’t save myself, nor can I protect my reputation- but that salvation and honour are completely dependent on God. David ends this psalm by reminding Himself of what he heard God say- that God is power and that with this power is unfailing love. Our world has a saying “absolute power corrupts absolutely” – which seems to be true about humans but is absolutely false when it comes to God. God has absolute power and also has unfailing love, he is the opposite from corrupt- he is Holy Holy Holy. May I trust this God today with everything, my salvation and my honour- for He is POWER and He is LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment