Wednesday 25 October 2017

Oct 24, 2017 - 2nd Service Suggested Reading Psalm 51


"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."

David knew how to confess sin to a Holy Holy Holy God. Notice that David does not use God’s personal name in this prayer- nor does he refer to Him as “my” God. O God, O God, O God, Lord (donay), O God - He feels separated by his sin from his God, and so he confesses his sin. Has my awareness of sin in my life- separated me from God? Use David’s prayer as your guide, and don’t stop with confession- pray the proactive prayer of verses 10 thru 12. Pray for God to work in my innermost being, the places we call our heart and our spirit. Pray for God to hold us tight in His Presence, not to cast us away nor to withhold His Spirit from us. Pray for God to restore joy, a pure heart, a steadfast and willing spirit. Do you notice David doesn’t speak of his mind? Our mind only thinks about what heart directs it to! The word “willing” connected to our spirit should convince us that we are more than just flesh and blood and electrical circuits. We are more that animals driven by instinct, breeding and training. We are complex individuals made in the image of God, made to worship Him in spirit and in truth. O Heavenly Father work in my innermost being that Christ might dwell in my heart thru faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment