Thursday 26 October 2017

Oct 26, 2017- 2nd Service Suggested Reading Jeremiah 31




“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

I cannot read Jeremiah 31 without experiencing a yearning within my innermost parts for this passage to be true in my life and my family’s life. This is a passage of great promise, a passage that describes the restoration of the people of God, in terms of fellowship, fruitfulness and peace. These promises are based on the Person of YHWH who is the God of Creation – I love the taunt of verse 27- our scientists are going to great effort to measure the heavens- YHWH will not reject His people! He will restore us, He will accomplish this by working in our minds and our hearts. This is the Gospel, that God would put His Law in our minds, that He would write His Law on our hearts. This can only mean that God will “cause” us to follow His Way, as we surrender to Him. This is the kingdom of God, it is near to us, it is in our midst- Oh Heavenly father, may your kingdom come, may your will be done on earth (in my life) as it is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment