Thursday 18 October 2012

Psalm 62



 Trust in him at all times, O people;
    pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
{Psalm 62:8}  (NIV1984

David tells us why we should trust God: God is strong, God is loving and God will reward each person according to what we have done. We can’t depend on people; we can’t trust them, for they bless us with their lips, but curse us in their hearts. It is impossible for us to really know how another person views us. More than that, even if they want to help us, they are but a breath

David warns us not to trust money, not to set our hearts on riches. Trust God! Trust in Him at all times! We may ask what does trusting God look like? How do I actually do it? How do I run to the Rock? How do I take refuge in Him, and enter under His wings? David tells us, pour out your hearts to Him. What issue is on my mind, even deeper than that, what is wrong with me this morning? Why am I tense, irritable? Why do I not have that spring on my step, that joy in my heart? Friend, there is something bugging you. Dig it out; lay it before God this morning, pour out your heart to Him

God is loving and God is strong; God is my rock and my salvation, my soul finds rest in Him. As the old chorus goes, "He will take care of you, though every day oer all the way- God will take care of you, He will take care of you." 
{God Will Take Care of You, Civilla D. Martin, 1869-1948 }

No comments:

Post a Comment