Tuesday 30 October 2012

1 Chronicles 16



 "...to present burnt offerings to the Lord on the altar of burnt offering regularly, morning and evening, in accordance with everything written in the Law of the Lord, which he had given Israel."
{1 Chronicles 16:40}  (NIV1984)

How amazing it was to the Israelites that the manifest Presence of God dwelt among them in a tent and then inside a temple! The Creator and Sustainer of heaven and earth, the Judge of all mankind, the transcendent God, makes His Holy Presence dwell among sinful people. 

David was overwhelmed by the grace of God shown through His Presence and He organized people to make sure that they recognized God’s Presence appropriately as described to them in the Law. Morning and evening. Morning and evening, sacrifices were brought. 

We who are in Christ, are the temples of God! The Holy Presence of God, the Holy Spirit dwells inside of sinful us! (1 Cor 6:19) Are we grateful for His Holy Presence? Are we overwhelmed by God’s grace? Then let us organize ourselves. Let us offer sacrifices to Him morning and evening. Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, a spiritual act of worship (Rom 12:1). How good it would be if we make it our practice to go to Him early in the morning, thank Him for the blood of our Saviour and promise Him that all the parts of our bodies are His, for Him to use today, in His purposes for His glory.

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.
{Take My Life and Let It Be, written by Frances R. Havergal (1874)} 

No comments:

Post a Comment