Wednesday 17 October 2012

Psalm 62



 "He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
{Psalm 62:2}  (NIV1984
 
This psalm was written specifically for the people’s spiritual benefit for it is addressed to Jeduthun (1 Chron 2:3). As we consider the issues before each of us this day, in whom do we find rest? In whom or in what do we hope for salvation? 

A worshiper of God takes their issues to Him and finds rest at His feet. He alone is my Rock! How can we trust in our own strength when humans are but a breath? We say well- the person who is going to help me with this issue is a special person; born, raised and educated, and quite capable to help. David tells us that these people are but a lie! A lie is harmful, a lie is malicious, and if we trust in anyone, no matter how qualified or special they are, we are going to come to harm. He alone is my rock! My soul finds rest in Him alone! 

Friend, there is great wisdom in seeking help from skilled people, but there is great danger in trusting in them, and believing that they are able to keep us safe. It is God who is strong, it is God who is loving, it is God whom my soul will find rest in this day! Run to the Rock that is higher than I; trust Him with your issues this morning and find rest for your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment