Monday 22 October 2012

Micah 6:1-8



  "Now come and put a curse on these people, because they are too powerful for me. Perhaps then I will be able to defeat them and drive them out of the country. For I know that those you bless are blessed, and those you curse are cursed."
{Numbers 22:6}  (NIV1984)

Balak the king of Moab was terrified of the people of God. When he and his people looked out upon the encampment of Israel they saw a group of people who were going to be victorious over everyone else, and so Balak summoned Balaam to place a curse on the people of God, so that they might be weakened and destroyed. The record shows that God would not allow Balaam to curse His people, and caused blessings to fall on them instead. Surely God is a God who turns curses into blessings! (Ne 13:2) 

How do we feel about ourselves this morning? A little draggy? A little discouraged? Perhaps even defeated? Dear brother and sister in Christ, know this truth! Our enemy, the devil and all of his horde, look at us and tremble. They are terrified of us, the people of God. Our God is a great God and His people are a great people! Not because we are extra smart or strong - no! But because we are His and He is ours. Because the Holy Spirit has made us into the children of the Most High God. We are guaranteed the victory, so how about grabbing a hold of what we have in Christ. Let us live in victory this day!

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.
{Victory in Jesus, Author: Eugene Bartlett, 1939}

No comments:

Post a Comment