Sunday 5 August 2012

Numbers 6:22-27


  "One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD  all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."
{Psalm 27:4}  (NIV1984)

The God who is revealed in the blessing of Numbers 6 is a God who is Holy. A God who is high and lifted up above all the earth. A God who blesses us and keeps us His. A God who causes His face to shine on us; who causes His grace to flow into our lives. A God who turns His face towards us and gives us peace. This is a God who is worthy of our worship! This is a God of love, a God who initiates reconciliation with His creation. 

When I think of His Son, I think about the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His being. When I think of His Son turning His face towards earth, and coming in humility to bring us peace, I bless His Holy Name. When I think of His Son turning His face towards the cross, and suffering to bring us peace, I bless His Holy Name. When I think of His Son sitting at His right hand, with His face turned toward earth, ready to come back to establish His kingdom of peace, I bless His Holy Name. I praise God from the depth of my being for the wonderful gracious compassionate Holy God that He is. Oh to know Him as He truly is, to gaze upon His loveliness, to sit in His presence and to be changed. 
 
Our heavenly Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done… in my life this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment