Wednesday 22 August 2012

Matthew 6:19-24


"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
{Hebrews 13:5} (NIV1984)

What do we need more than the Presence of God? Moses didn’t want to go anywhere unless God Himself was with him (Ex 33)! God’s Presence calmed David as he walked through the valley of the shadow of death (Ps 23). 

We think, “Well I do enjoy the Presence of God, but I also need money today, I need food today, I need health today, I need safety today, I need someone to love me today, I need justice today, etc, etc.” These things are true, but we are looking at them wrong. If the choice was between any/all of those things and the Presence of the Most High God - if we had to choose - friend, what would our choice be? This verse gives Christians a reason for contentment. The reason is that our Lord has promised us that He will never leave us, nor forsake us. That means that in your need, whatever need you find yourself in today – in that need God’s Presence is with you, His promised Holy Spirit abides in you, Eternal Life is yours! Praise His precious Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment