Tuesday 19 February 2013

Psalm 103


"Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name."
{Psalm 103:1} (NIV 1984) 

It may seem a little odd that David is speaking to his own soul. Have we ever got up in the morning and told our soul to do something? Do I ever say to myself, “John remember to do such and such.”? If there was ever anything that you and I should remind ourselves to do, this is the most important. Praise the LORD O my soul! Tell yourself that this morning. Tell yourself to praise Him, and see if your soul is able to obey. 

What stops us from being able to praise God? What is it that could possibly stop us from worshiping the God who loves us so much? He took care of us all our lives. He guided us in ways that we didn’t recognize until later. He protected us; He brought us into His kingdom through faith in His Son. 

Friend, what has stolen the joy of our salvation? Who is the dastardly thief? Nehemiah told his people, “The joy of the LORD is our strength.” (8:10) We need this joy, we need to praise Him, we need to worship Him! Make your soul listen. Don’t accept no from your inner being. Don’t allow lethargy to stop this praise from happening! Praise the LORD, praise His Holy Name.

Bless the Lord, Oh my soul

And all that is within me
Bless His holy name

He has done great things
He has done great things
He has done great things
Bless His holy name
{Bless the Lord, Andre Crouch, via YouTube}


No comments:

Post a Comment