Thursday 28 February 2013

Colossians 2:6-23


"...And you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority."
{Colossians 2:10} (NIV 1984) 

Paul believes this! He lived his life believing that Christ was alive in him. Paul has already told the Colossians in 1:27 that our hope is Christ in us, and in verse 29 he told them that he labours and works with Christ’s energy, which powerfully works within him

Are you tired this day; maybe dragging around a bit, weary of the struggle? Perhaps we wish that someone else could do it for us? Stop for a moment and consider the awesome truth that is being declared in this verse. "In Christ", that is, Christ is in us, so we are in Christ. In Christ we have Him, all of Him; His fullness has been given to us! He has been given all power and authority, He is the King of kings and Lord of lords. He is God’s One and Only Son. He has the fullness of Deity within Him. This is who is alive inside we who believe. I hope this truth gives you hope for this day. I hope this truth puts the spring in your step, and a smile on your face. 

Friend, what a gift we have been given! May we this day say with the apostle Paul: Today I will live my life in my body through faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20) 

Lord Jesus, take all that I am, all that I have and use me however you want. Lord Jesus, I know that I can’t handle this thing today. Lord Jesus may you control me, may you handle it for me. Praise your glorious Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment