Thursday 6 December 2018

Dec 5, 2018 - Suggested Reading Job 19 for Dec 2nd's message on 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 in our worship service at 9:00 am


“I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;”
Job 19:25-26 (NIV) 

Job’s hope was in the next life – not in this life.
Yeah he was in a bad way - he had troubles most of us don’t - that should make us listen closer.
He knows more than we know- he experienced riches and family and honour and praise, and now he was experiencing poverty and barrenness and shame and contempt.
We should learn from him.
We should work at acquiring the ability to KNOW that our Redeemer lives.
We should work at BELIEVING that I will see God on this earth in my flesh.
There is a healthy, godly perspective gained by this effort.
To KNOW and to BELIEVE is to have FAITH.
This FAITH that has as its object – our Redeemer and the resurrection - is the FAITH that will carry us through the disasters that befall us.
Our hope is in the next life, not this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment