Wednesday 19 December 2018

Dec 19, 2018 - Suggested Reading Matthew 26 for Dec 23rds messages on Luke 1:5-25 and Luke 1:26-38 in our morning services at 9 and 10:45


"Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?”
Matthew 26:7 (NIV)  

What a sobering question our Lord puts to Peter- basically telling Peter “I don’t need you to fight for me – if I wanted to fight these men I have a multitude of angels I could use.”
Jesus didn’t want to resist the men- He wanted to obey His Father and go to the cross.
He knew that Judas would betray Him, that Peter would disown Him, and that the others would desert Him, and yet He wanted to walk the path God had laid out for Him.
I wonder what the angels wanted?
The angels who had announced His birth, who had warned Joseph and the wise men, who had ministered to our Lord after Satan left Him in the wilderness, and who had
comforted our Lord in the garden.
 I wonder what those angels wanted to do?
He could have called 10,000 angels to destroy the world and set Him free
He could have called 10,000 angels, But He died alone, for you and me.
What a beautiful song we used to sing!
What a beautiful thought to meditate on!
The angels stood by and watched the Son of God die at the hands of some puny little humans, and they waited to see what wonderous plan God and His Son were unfolding.
Did they know as they watched that the Son of God was dying for you and for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment